Maribor is nowadays firmly positioned on the tourist map of the world as:
- the European Capital of Culture 2012;
- the host of the World Youth Chess Championship 2012;
- one of the TOP 10 tourist destinations in the world in the opinion of various media in the past few years;
- the centre of one of the fastest growing destinations in Slovenia;
- the city of the oldest vine in the world, attracting many visitors from all over the world to the Old Vine House.
- the second largest Slovenian city, nestled by the Drava River in the embrace of the green Pohorje forests and picturesque wine-growing hills;
- heart of the Maribor - Pohorje, a Slovenian Styria tourist destination;
- the city of the oldest vine in the world: The Old Vine House, rich wine culture and excellent cuisine – modern culinary delights and traditional Styrian dishes in the city and along the wine roads;
- the city of outdoor activities and relaxation: for hikers, cyclists, walkers, adrenaline freaks, skiers, rowers, golfers, well-being lovers;
- the city of adventures: a traditional raft and modern Dravska Vila boat, train, carriage and cable car, “Hunting Grapes and Cups” guided tour, themed trails, adventures and packages;
- a green, healthy and friendly city: lots of sun and green nature, healthy drinking water, a peaceful and cheerful lifestyle, open, welcoming and relaxed local people, green, homemade, organic...
Beautiful green SURROUNDINGS of Maribor
However, Maribor could not be what it is without its wonderful surroundings of the entire Maribor - Pohorje, Slovenian Styria destination. Maribor itself is a charming small city and the destination is also not such a wide one in spite of its diversity. This practically means that the access from one attraction or adventure to another is very quick and easy.
Perfect for a break from the crazy world, allowing you to relax and find joy in yourself!
On the map
We offer organized transport from 4 different airports to hotel you have booked.
Pricing, for a round trip, is as follows:
- Zagreb 90 € + tax (9,5 %)
- Vienna 145 € + tax (9,5 %)
- Ljubljana 75 € + tax (9,5 %)
- Graz 50 € + tax (9,5 %)
You may book your transport on the booking page.
PRELIMINARY PART - DRAŠ SPORT CENTER & HOTEL
The Draš sport center has two big sports halls. The bigger hall offers surface of three volleyball courts or one big handball court. Second hall offers the size of two volleyball courts.www.drassports.com
FINAL MATCHES - HOTEL SUPERIOR HABAKUK
Turner hall, which is usually used for sport competitions.www.hotel-habakuk.si
Both competition venues hosted European shooting championship in March 2017.
Free time in Slovenia
Slovenia day trips and excursions from Maribor
With a partner touristic agency, we have prepared short but exceptional excursions around beautiful Slovenia. Please download the PDF in which you will find all the details.
To plan your trip contact the touristic agency directly.